Autonomous (self-hosted) BitTorrent DHT search engine suite.
magnetico is the first autonomous (self-hosted) BitTorrent DHT search engine suite that is designed for end-users. The suite consists of two packages:
- Autonomous BitTorrent DHT crawler and metadata fetcher.
- Lightweight web interface for magnetico.
Both programs, combined together, allows anyone with a decent Internet connection to access the vast amount of torrents waiting to be discovered within the BitTorrent DHT space, without relying on any central entity.
magnetico liberates BitTorrent from the yoke of centralised trackers & web-sites and makes it truly decentralised. Finally!
- Easy installation & minimal requirements:
- Python 3.5+ and a few Python packages that is available on PyPI.
- Root access is not required to install.
- Near-zero configuration:
- magneticod works out of the box, and magneticow requires minimal configuration to work with the web server you choose.
- Detailed, step-by-step manual to guide you through the installation.
- No reliance on any centralised entity:
- magneticod crawls the BitTorrent DHT by "going" from one node to another, and fetches the metadata using the nodes without using trackers.
- Unlike client-server model that web applications use, P2P networks are chaotic and magneticod is designed to handle all the operational errors accordingly.
- High performance implementation:
- magneticod utilizes every bit of your bandwidth to discover as many infohashes & metadata as possible.
- Built-in lightweight web interface:
- magneticow features a lightweight web interface to help you access the database without getting on your way.